Why Roth IRA
Setting Up Your Roth IRA
Roth IRA Rules
The Roth IRA has to follow the same rules as a Traditional IRA
- The Account or annuity must be designated as a Roth IRA when it is set up.
- You can leave amounts in your Roth IRA as long as you live
- You can make contributions to your Roth IRA after you reach the age of 70½
- If you satisfy the requirements, qualified distributions are tax free!
- You can't deduct contributions to a Roth IRA
Publication 590 is the IRS details sheet for the Roth IRA.
The IRS term is an Individual Retirement Arrangement.